Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Musings (# 8)

One of my favourite musicians is a person by the name of Michael W. Smith. This is also the name of one of my favourite chefs, except I don't think he has a "W" in his name. I particularly like the series "Chef at Home" when he cooks "at home" for his little family of three. He is inspirational in his simplicity and using those things that are readily available to make meals. However, this post is not about cooking. I'll post about my latest cooking adventures some other time. Michael W. Smith wrote a song called "Breathe in me" and the chorus goes like this:

"so breathe in me, I need you know, I've never felt so dead within, so breathe in me, maybe somehow you can breathe new life in me again".

One of my favourite things to do is to read, I especially like "The Lord of The Rings". There is a quote from Bilbo to Gandalf that says the following:

"I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter, scraped over too much bread. I need a holiday, a long holiday".

I seem to have gotten to the place where I have been "stretched too thin" and am in need of replacement energy. It seems that the events of the past four months as well as the past five years have slowly been drawing my energy and strength away. Covey talks about the emotional bank account and how regular and constant withdrawals leave one bereft of emotional strength to manage regular activities.

Most people around me just don't understand and I have to constantly explain the truth or lie to minimize it. Then I have been scraped too thin. The problem is, I'm not sure who I can trust with the truth. I know that I can trust "my beloved" with everything. It seems that others don't want to hear or don't know how to deal with emotional exhaustion. It's really easy to deal with a physically "broken" something, but not so easy to deal with that which cannot be seen.

I wasn't sure where this post was going when I started. I do know this, I need new life breathed into me and I need some "time away". Looks like I'll be calling Loyola House real soon, I need that kind of band aid.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you're going to Loyola House and I'll join you :)