Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gas Prices, I'm ticked!

OK Now I'm ticked off.

On Friday, the price of regular gas was 107.9 in Kitchener Waterloo and slightly higher in Elmira. On my way to the market yesterday morning, I saw that the price was down to 102.7 in St. Jacobs, that's over 5 cents in less than 24 hours.

The price was about 105 on Thursday afternoon and at the corner of Shantz station road and highway 7 it was up to 113 on Thursday afternoon. So what happened here? The long weekend is what happened. Those mealy mouthed, gas robbing, scum bucket gas companies raised the prices just before everyone went away for the long weekend and then dropped it after everyone filled up.

I am so ticked off about this.  I have got to come up with a way to express my indignation about this thievery. I need gas for my job and to do all things families do, but(I really mean "but" this time) I wish I could find a way to make them hurt. I don't mean the poor station owners, even though I doubt they are poor, I mean the corporate giants who sit in their Ivory Towers(no offence Opa) and rip the rest of us off to pad their own already bulging pockets.

If you have any ideas, feel free to drop me a line and maybe some form of protest will begin, "we shall overcome". 

No comments: