Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Musings (#7)

Tuesday is here again, I have so much rattling through my mind/brain. It's difficult to think of one thing that I might muse upon today. I feel like a computer with multiple windows open, all active and with pop ups doing what they do.

I've been doing some life evaluation lately, I like to do this regularly, kinda like a check up, but done by me and without gloves. I like to evaluate the parts of my life and see where I am, where I'm going and where I might be off the path (which apparently is not always clear, but the directions are). Sometimes, I need some help along the way and I am going to visit an old friend who guides me along this path every once in a while. It's good to get some perspective from an objective person now and then.

I'll visit with Jim L. and he will listen and be both gentle and wise which are not mutually exclusive, however when going through the self-assessment I need wisdom and kindness. Much like a gentle shepherd who uses his "rod" to encourage the sheep to follow the correct path. He(the shepherd) doesn't beat the sheep, but uses the rod to correct their path.

I am content in many areas of my life, and there are some areas that I am not and need to make some corrections in direction in order to align my life with my beliefs, values and aspirations. This is not about my wants(big screen tv) but rather about my wishes for the person I want to become. It is not always a pain free experience, the reward at the end is far greater than the minimal pain experienced through change.

I know too many people who are afraid to exchange because of the pain that will be experienced. They would rather stay in their current state and fear the recovery because of the cathartic nature of the growth. Much like a Caterpillar must push through the cocoon to become a butterfly. Oh my, too many Genesis thoughts in that last sentence. From Genesis to Revelation and then some, given that my beloved just came back from "Broadway".

I will push through and challenge myself to complete the transformation, otherwise I might as well stop altogether. "To be or not to be" is not the question, rather to emerge and live is the only choice.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

No comments: