Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cuba here we come

I finally did it, I booked our trip to Cuba. The prices were going up and I decided that I might as well book it before the prices climb any further. After I started to book, I discovered that the price was $200.oo cheaper! That's just awesome.

So, on January 20, 2009 we will be in Cuba for a week at the Iberostar Daiquiri visiting old friends. This time we are going alone (kinda like euchre). In the past we have travelled with our closest friends (Steve and Rose) and with our kids. We will do this one solo and I am looking forward to the trip, not because the others will not be with us, but because we will be alone just the two of us, ahh cappuccino by the pool in the morning before breakfast sounds great to me. This is the pool early in the morning while most of the guests are sleeping, we truly enjoyed the peace and quiet at this time.

Following our return I will begin training for my new job, so I will be nice and relaxed for the training and looking forward to the new challenges.

I have to call the resort and advise we are returning, there are usually lots of perqs for the returning guests and this will be our third time at this resort. I can't wait to get there and see some of the people that we have become friends with. So, in three months we'll be heading to Cuba, and I can't wait. The man playing the drums (Carlos) has invited us to his home the next time we get there, that should be an interesting and pleasant adventure. The young woman in this picture has the most amazing voice, it is a treat to hear her sing. The gentleman on the right in the shirt and tie is the Public Relations person and he has been very kind to us. We had the privilege to bring a gift for his son on our last visit and all the dads in his neighbourhood played with it (a remote control car).



No comments: