Friday, October 24, 2008

Speak Friend and Enter

If you recognize those words, then you know that they are the words that Gandalf spoke at the entrance to Moria at the secret door lit only by moonlight and starlight.

I always say those words when I arrive at the home (which is the office) of my massage therapist. She found places on my body that I didn't know hurt, but they sure hurt now.

Somehow after a massage it feels like all the crap in my body is free floating and I crashed for about an hour. I would do it every week if I could. It's just one way to achieve my goal of getting to the better side of health.

On the other side of things, myself and my beloved were taken out to dinner by the finish carpenter and the bonnet babe tonight as a thank you for cooking their sons wedding rehearsal dinner. We went to the Keg and had the best meal ever, better than any meal we have ever had at the other steak house in town. Which shall remain nameless, but there are three restaurants and one of them is charcoal, oops.Thanks so much, it was an awesome meal, a great visit and we even saw some old friends there too, almost like an episode from cheers except no one knew our name.

 I guess when I see them, I always "speak friend and enter" into their lives, they have been great friends since our boys played hockey together.  They have been there for us for all these years and we likewise have been there for them. We have enjoyed many new years eve celebrations together, especially walking and looking for a black button in the middle of the night.

No comments: