Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Musical Box

I have been a fan of the band Genesis for a long time. I have enjoyed their music ever since I first heard the haunting strains of "Watcher of the Skies"and the multiple melodies of "Supper's Ready". I am a fan of their work that included the times when Peter Gabriel was the lead singer/front man and enjoyed one or two albums in the Phil Collins era, however have not purchased any of their music in years. 

There is a tribute band out there called "The Musical Box" who can be found at  www.themusicalbox.net I have seen them perform numerous times and they are now doing a tour based on the Genesis tour following the release of the album "A Trick of the Tail". They are now in Europe, I will try and see them when they return to Canada. They are awesome musicians and I am looking forward to seeing the latest iteration(that's for all my WSIB friends) of the group. Enjoy the following video.



I hope you like it, these are a bunch of Canadians who obviously love the music of Genesis. They have recreated all of the earlier tours including "The Lamb Lies down on Broadway". 

No comments: