Saturday, October 4, 2008

Steak, shrimp and a glass of wine

What a wonderful dinner we had tonight. I went to Brady's to visit Rob and picked up a Black Angus striploin for Jo and I to share. Prior to the steak, I barbequed some large shrimp in a tomato marinade as an hors douvres. They were great. The steak, as usual was medium rare and yes Josh there is some left over, you just need to drive 12 hours to get it.  We also had a very nice baked potato, an Irishman never has a meal without potatoes. Did I mention the wonderful glass of wine we had to go with the meal? Jo had a glass of some Spanish red called "red guitar" and I stuck with my standard Vidal. You know, I will never become a wine snob, I know what I like(there's an awesome Genesis song in there) and I enjoy it. 

For some reason, I cannot sleep. I'm more than exhausted and imagine that when I put my head on the pillow I'll be gone for at least 7 or 8 hours, however for now, I'm awake. Oh well, It's time to crawl back into that warm bed, goodnight Mrs Calabash wherever you are. 

1 comment:

Perry D. said...

Speaking of Red Guitar, and in the spirit of obscure lyrics, please consider the following, from Loudon Wainwright III:

I used to have a Red Guitar
till I smashed it one drunk night
I smashed it in the classic form
as Peter Townshend might
I put it in the fireplace
I left it there a while
Kate she started crying
when she saw my sorry smile

The red guitar was made of wood
It could not take the heat
The red guitar it caught on fire
The damage was complete
It burned until all that was left
was six pegs and six strings
Kate she said "You are a fool;
You've done a foolish thing."

I put the remains in the case
and I put the case away
Went down to New York City
and bought a new guitar the very next day
I bought myself a blonde guitar
I had it for three days
Some junkie stole my blonde guitar
God works in wondrous ways!