Friday, October 17, 2008

Life on Mars

I watched the second show of the new program called "Life on Mars" last night. I was pretty excited about it as the show apparently takes place in 1973 which was a pretty significant year for me. I was 15 going on 16 in the middle of my high school years and lovin' life in the 70's at the time. I was anticipating hearing some music from that time and I did. Unfortunately the show needs a bit of work. The same gags are used all the time: the older police office uses methods that seem archaic the the new officer. It got kind of boring after a while. There were some good tunes and the premise of the show is a bit off, if you ask me.

All in all I found it to be slow and boring. It wasn't as funny(is it supposed to be funny) as I anticipated and the music was good but there could have been more added in spots. The cars are in great shape though.

I'll give it one more try next week, but if it doesn't get better then it will find itself in the dumpster. The website is actually much better than the show, a sad realization that I came to.

2 comments:

Pastor Kevin said...

1973 hun? I won't tell you how old I was that year :-)

Seanchai said...

did you call me hun? I like you a lot, but only Jo calls me hun, musta been a typo or I need new glasses.

were you even born in '73, see you Sunday