Thursday, October 16, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to work this morning

I leave home very early to get to work at around 6:20 a.m. I do it for several reasons. The traffic is minimal that early in the morning, it is usually beautiful out at that time and I get to work in time to do my reading before I start work at 7:00 a.m.

I was driving to work this morning and all of a sudden, I realized that I was at King and University. I remember getting off the expressway and I remember nothing from that point on until I reached the intersection of King and University. There are four sets of lights that I had to get through to get to that intersection. I know I wasn't sleeping (I don't think I was) I must have been caught up in the moment in thought and prayer that I traversed that 1/2 Km or so and finally realized where I was at King and University.

I have had that happen in the past, the last time I was on the Conestoga expressway and I travelled several miles(Kms) before I realized where I had arrived to. I clearly had a lot in my mind at the time. I'll clock it on my way home to see what the distance actually is.

Have a safe day and watch out for me early in the morning.

No comments: