Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday "Brain Dump", thanks Kevin.

Since last Wednesday I have been feeling good, not like the James Brown "I feel good" jumping up and down, twirling and all that other stuff. No, I just feel good. I feel like I have finally beaten both of the infections that coursed through my body for at least four weeks like Ferrari's on the Autobahn. I just pray that they are finally gone. Now I can go about the business of finding the perfect bicycle, without training wheels as so many of you have suggested in jest (or were you serious)that I might need.

Even though the last few days have been extremely busy with preparing and cooking the dinner for the rehearsal party and then attending the wedding itself, I am doing well. Honestly, I needed to choose between the wedding ceremony and the reception and I chose the reception. I spent most of Saturday in bed, I was truly exhausted from all the cooking. This time of relaxation gave me almost enough rest to attend the reception. The entire event was lovely, and as soon as the Bride and Groom said their final "thank you", we were on our way out the door.

I wanted to dance, but was afraid that I might whack a few people with my walker and then a fight would break out and the police would be called, oops wrong wedding, that might happen in Virginia or South Carolina, but never in Elmira.

And so it goes (name that singer), the active process of rehabilitation will begin next week. Someone from corporate health called last week and couldn't believe that I had already arranged my return to work process with my manager. What is with these folks? I've been "doing" return to work for over 22 years and my boss has probably been doing it for 10 at least. We kinda know what we're doing.

When I am able I will return to work. I can't wait. I love what I do and miss the work and the people I work with greatly. But(I rarely say but), my doctor was clear, don't push it, so I'll be patient and get there when I'm good and ready.

It's Sunday, I'm still not up to going to church yet. I miss the church services and the members of the congregation and especially the music.

My ipod is officially dead, they sent me the money that we paid for it last year. Now I get to buy a new one and load all my songs on it, woo hoo.

I'm quite confident that I have successfully emptied a lot from my brain during this dump, there may be more and it will squeeze itself out at another time and I need my ice pack anyway.

No comments: