Saturday, August 30, 2008

Books I'm reading this week

I finished Cusslers, "The Chase" yesterday, it was a bit thin in the plot area. I think I figured it all out pretty early on. It certainly wasn't his best work. I prefer the Dirk Pitt, NUMA books.

I'm currently reading a few books concurrently: Love and Respect: The Love she most Desires, The Respect he desperately Needs, by E. Eggerichs (we will probably use this in a small group in the future), Making Music: Profiles from a Century of Canadian Music by A and T Barris(but no Chuck) and Midlife Manual for Men: Finding Significance in the Second Half, by S. Arterburn and J. Shore.

I'm going to try and fit in another Cussler book (thanks Bev) as well, just to keep the mix more eclectic. I'm planning on using the music book for some of my "obscure trivia" ideas for the next few weeks. I think I'll do a Canadian month of trivia for September.

I'm struggling to keep up with my daily read through the Bible and will have some catching up to do if I wish to successfully complete that challenge that I placed before myself.

1 comment:

Pastor Kevin said...

I have a book for you and Joanne to read. "It" by Craig Groeschel. I have 30 copies of it in my office :) I'll bring you one this week! Ya gotta read this!