Thursday, August 28, 2008

Life outside the bedroom window

I awoke this morning and as I lay there I looked out of our bedroom window and watched as tiny insects scampered about on the lavender tree or is it a bush. It looks more like a tree these days. Sometimes I can see the Chickadees fluttering about as well. What was interesting was that I could only see out of part of the window as the blinds were drawn over most of it.

I wonder if that's how I see life. I only see the parts where I have drawn the blinds open and miss the parts where I have chosen not to open the blinds. I think I need to open the blinds more and see what God has for me in the rest of the window of my life. What about you? have you fully drawn the blinds open? Or are they closed to what amazing things are out there for you?

No comments: