Tuesday, August 12, 2008

House Rot

This blog has nothing to do with my house rotting, just in case you were concerned.

I chatted with a friend of mine today. She works closely with migrant Jamaican workers in the Niagara area. She told me about what they refer to as "house rot". We might call it "cabin fever" or something like that.

I really like the Jamaican expression, if something or someone sits too long then they get house rot. I think I have it. The little walkabouts with my four wheel friend(with reflectors) , trips around the countryside and infrequent visits out to see friends do little to delay or stop the rot.

Effective this Thursday, I am supposed to be able to drive again. I can't wait to get out, open the sunroof, turn on the tunes and de-rot myself. Now, if i could just get my ipod replaced by Thursday, I would be flying.

Thanks Jane, I feel better already.

No comments: