Sunday, August 24, 2008

A bbq'ing cardinal sin

I'm not sure how many of you realize that we live right beside Cardinal drive, but that has nothing to do with this post. It's just a trivial geographical thing.

I was in the middle of bbq'ing a "Brady's" Angus Beef NY Strip cut personally by Mr. Rob Brady himself for us and to my utter horror I heard the sound that told me that the tank was now empty. I purchased two new tanks this year to make sure that this did not ever happen. Unfortunately, I have lapsed and both tanks are now empty. I kept thinking of asking one of my many visitors to take the empty tank to get filled and never did and now they're both empty. A cardinal sin in the bbq'ing world I'd say.

Well, I have all these new pots and pans and having watched innumerable cooking shows over the last 7 weeks I figured I could cook the rest of the thing on the stove. You know what, it turned out ok. It was medium rare, just the way we like it and everything else was cooked properly.

I have two tanks to fill tomorrow, the problem is they are too heavy for me to lift. Alex has some heavy lifting to do tomorrow that she doesn't know about yet.

I love bbq'ing and will be back at it tomorrow. Somehow, I feel like I've been to confession, bless me father.

No comments: