Friday, August 8, 2008

The big reveal for the week of Aug.4/08

Good morning and welcome to Friday. It's cool out there this morning, so make sure you wear some warm woolies today(I can hear the chorus already: ("yes dad"). I received very few guesses on this weeks song. I hope that all of you are able to access the blog.

This song was a favourite of ours back in the 70's. I love the artist, he has written amazing stories into his music. I remember being at a coffee in my high school (Lakeport High School) in either 1971 or 1972 and hearing a blind piano player play one of this artists most famous songs and I was hooked. It was just him and his piano and he was in a different world. It's funny how memories return like that.

Those were simpler time, of course with the exception of asking a teenage girl to dance or go on a date. Now that was stress. Me, I'm glad I'm here and not having to go through those times again.
Here are today's answers:

The Singer: Billy Joel.
The song: Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.
The album: The Stranger.
The co-producer: Phil Ramone.

The winner this week at 9:04 p.m. on Aug.4 was R. Soleil a man formerly known as Bob and continually loved by all, we miss you pal.

Did you realize that today is 08-08-08? There has got to something cool about today. I challenge each of you to find something special about today and share it with someone you love.

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy your family, friends and loved ones. As the song says, enjoy a "bottle of white, a bottle of red" if that is your bent. Take some time to cook some wonderful food and enjoy the "gift of presence" that many of you have blessed me with.

I remain,

your musical tour guide,

Rob

"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life"

p.s.

check out the Lion King version on the youtube bar below.

No comments: