Friday, August 15, 2008

Dinner for Thirty Eight prepared at Chez Robert

It's not really dinner in the formal sense of the word, but it is a meal for thirty eight people. It's primarily finger foods, like chicken on a skewer, sausage with little coloured tooth picks and the piece-du-resistance is shrimp, drizzled in an amazing sauce, then wrapped in Parma Prosciutto and then barbecued. There is also warm artichoke dip, Jo's awesome bruschetta and veggie, fruit and cheese trays. Our good friends Steve and Rosanne knew I needed something to look forward to and called a few weeks ago and asked if I would consider creating a menu and cooking for the rehearsal party for their sons' wedding.

I immediately said yes. I love to cook and began scouring cooking shows on TV and recipes on the web and in due time we came up with something to present to Steve and Rosanne. They approved and yesterday Jo and I began all the prep work, making marinades, cutting chicken, preparing for "braided chicken" and all sorts of other stuff.

Almost everything is ready with exception to the shrimp which must be prepared last minute before going on the BBQ. This has been such a great tonic(no gin, I hate gin) for me as I have had little to look forward to over the past four weeks. We're in the final stretch and I am so excited to see how it looks and more importantly how it tastes.

I may take some pictures and upload them in case anyone is interested.

Bon Appetit.

1 comment:

Pastor Kevin said...

Nice. Save me the left overs!