Thursday, August 21, 2008

I started Physio

I started physio yesterday. I still feel good, and I'm really sore from some of the exercises. I'm going to take this as progress. You know, the no pain, no gain crap. My therapist (the physio kind) just advised me that she will be flying off the Beijing next week to assist with the paralympics, what an awesome honour for her.

OK, back to me, I'm walking still and I am well emotionally. We drove to Chesley Lake on Tuesday, the longest I've sat in a car since I was working. Mind you, I took some breaks on the trip up and down, and we survived it. Thanks Steve and Rose I had a great day. I'm not driving much even though I'm allowed to. I kinda defer to Jo for the driving, except yesterday when I drove to the Dr's and to physio on my own.

You know, just as life has seasons, kind of like the "to everything there is a season" from the Byrd's, who lifted it from the book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible without formal citing, even though it is public domain, for now. It appears that my recovery has seasons too and this one is rather pastoral. The formal citing thing reminds me about a dream I had last night. I dreamt that I was writing a paper for something and I forgot how to cite my references and I knew that everyone else did, I was freaking out, then I found myself in a battle in Belfast between Protestants and Catholics. I have no idea where those dreams came from. I have never been to Belfast, no interest to be honest and it has been an extremely long time since I wrote a paper that required citing references.

Well it's just about time to do some stretches and other fun filled exercises, those of you who worked in clinics before(you know who you are) know what I'm talking about.

Hey, by the way, thanks for the phone call yesterday Barry, you know I am still the "hardest working Mediator" at the Board, nudge nudge. Love ya two times and miss you more.

No comments: