Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday Musings (#29)

In four days I will have been married to the most amazing woman for twenty eight years. Yup, that's 28! I am so blessed to have met, dated, been engaged to and now married to this amazing person. In this blog, I refer to her as "my beloved". The reason for that is that she does not want her name used. Those of you who know me know her name and know who she is and what she is capable of. As part of this post, I will try and use some of the songs of our life as ways to describe how she has made me a better person.

She makes me smile (thank you Chicago). When I am away from her she is my absent friend (thank you Genesis). When we are together she is more than three times a lady (thank you Lionel Ritchie and the Commodores). She helped me become a father twice and we decided that two was better than three and two out of three ain't bad (thank you Meatloaf). Whenever I was ill (too many times in our 28 years), she made me feel brand new (thank you Stylistics). Most of all she has been my friend and I know that I've got a friend (thank you James Taylor) in her. 

In all that we have been through over these years we have remained committed to the vows that we made to each other on that rainy April day in 1981. We made a commitment to have and to hold, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health from this day forward and then pledged our love to each other.

Have these days been perfect? Far from it. We have learned so much and it was in those times when life was the toughest that we learned that a cord of three strands is not easily broken. We committed each other to the ever loving God the Father who has always been there for us no matter what life threw at us. 

Twenty eight years is a long time. I have been blessed to have known this woman for so long and she has been one of the reasons that I have been able to succeed in life because I know that she is always waiting to encourage and build me up, no matter what.  

Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: