Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sharing a moment with my boy

I had an awesome experience with my boy the other night. he told me about a piece of music on YouTube that he wanted me to hear and see. So, there we were, he in Virginia and I here at home watching the following video and both of us almost in tears because of the beauty of the music. It was one of those special "understanding" moments between me and my boy. We both love music and while he is a much better (by a long stretch) musician we enjoy it together. Seeing each other on Skype was just beautiful.

Of course, the singer is Josh Groban and the exquisitely talented violinist is Lucia Micarelli. I think you might also know the very famous Canadian on the piano. 

I don't think my Josh realizes how much I appreciated those almost 6 minutes of "silence" together. I miss him when he is away at school and moving on with his life and I also know that letting go began the moment I first held him. His entire life has been my learning to let him become the person he was designed to be.

Here is the video and the first verse in english of this beautiful love song:


I’ll miss you, if you go away
I’ll miss your serenity
Your words like songs in the wind
And Love, that you take away.
 

No comments: