Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ready to Die, Prepared to Live

I heard that or some form of that on a radio program last week, in essence it stated that "if you are ready to die then you are truly prepared to live.

I wonder if I am really prepared to die. I don't want to die and feel that I have much to do before I pass from this world. Are any of us really prepared to die? I know that the speaker was talking about a faith perspective, having made good ones relationship with God that life could truly be lived to the fullest no matter what even to the point of the advent of death.

If I am pursuing a full life of service to God and my fellow man/woman and child then in order to completely set aside that which hinders me and live fully, I must come to the place where I do not fear death or my absence from this world. I must look at my death in a different way.

I do look at death and mine in particular as different in some ways. I now need to decide if I want to live fully based on my beliefs and practice about death. 

More to come on this one, I think.

No comments: