Friday, April 3, 2009

One year ago

It has been one year today since a friend left us so tragically.

The circumstances are before the courts and therefore I will make no comment on them.

I just spoke with her mother and children and this is already a very difficult day for them. It is also the celebration of the birthday of her son.

I suppose the question as to why and was there no other alternative ring heavily in my being. Yet, I cannot answer any questions at this time. I embrace the lives that are left behind and attempt to help others pick up the pieces little by little and assist them as they move through the fog of grieving.

Pain and sorrow are so real along with the multitude of other emotions that surprise with their appearance and then with their absence. I have come to the place where I am almost bereft of feelings except for anger.

I am angry with the decisions made and the resulting ripples that continue to flow away and "never come back". It's funny that in this dark post a song comes to mind appropriately called ripples.




May the remembrances of life and the passing of loved ones draw you closer to each other and to the One who knows everything and everyone and who holds the keys and authority for judgement.

No comments: