Friday, March 20, 2009

The big reveal for the week of Mar. 16/09

Good morning folks.

No guesses this week, I figured this one would be really easy. I'm gonna have to look closer at the songs I choose from now on. As noted in a previous post, I would like to hear from you, the readers if you have any ideas for the obscure lyrics. I have a really fun one for next week.

I have been on much of an emotional roller coaster the last few weeks starting on Valentines day. In fact, the last year has been kinda crazy. If you have been reading the blog for some time you will know some more about my state of mind. I am struggling with the insensitivity and carelessness of people (and I include myself as one who has been and continues to be careless with the feelings of others). More on my exploration and self reflection when the time comes.

Here are this weeks answers:

The name of the song: Mothers of the Disappeared.
Who sings it: kinda trick question: Bono of U2.
Who it is written about: The Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo in Argentina about the "children" who disappeared during their "dirty war". 
The album name: The Joshua Tree.
The album producers: Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois.

I hope this inspires you to speak out.

   


Have a great weekend. Enjoy the peace we have in Canada. 

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be.

No comments: