Friday, August 14, 2009

Tenebras expellit et hostes


I wish I had paid more attention to my Latin in high school. The above saying is on my family coat of arms. I remember my Dad saying that it means that the light will dispel the darkness. Quite an honour don't you think. The darkness stands for all that is wrong in the world. Darkness is not inherently wrong, but things that are wrong are often done in secret, in darkness or held away from the clarity of light giving truth.

I took this photo on Friday morning Aug.14/09 at 8:08 a.m. as the sun was pushing through the trees across the street from our house. I saw the streaming light come through the branches and thought of the streaming light of truth as it is guided through my feeble defenses by a loving God who wants to bring all of me to the light.
I hope you like it. I certainly do and love that circle of light that can be seen in the bottom right hand corner of the photo.

No comments: