Friday, August 28, 2009

The big reveal for the week of Aug.24/09

Hello there and welcome to Friday. For what would a week be without a Friday, short maybe, but who does not enjoy Friday? I like Fridays because they seem like the last push to the finish line when I can say, I made it! Since I am vacation this week, Friday doesn't have the same appeal, although I am having lunch with a 7 and 9 year old, so that will be fun.

I had one guess this week. he was correct, and honestly stated that he needed "a little help from his friends" to get all the answers. Honesty is the best, isn't it, even when it comes from a syrupy Billy Joel song. Congratulations to Gary D. who gave me two of the correct answers from memory and the other two probably from google.

Here are your answers:

The name of the song: Me and Julio down by the Schoolyard
The writer: Paul Simon
Whose mother sang back-up on another song: Whitney Houston's (Cicely Houston)
Who played on the former duos famous song: Bridge over Troubled Water, played by Larry Knechtel

There are a few versions of this song available on YouTube, but I like this one the best, kinda brings childhood, music, silly songs(or is it?) and memories all together in one wonderful video, enjoy:


Have a great weekend. Enjoy the latest Hurricane (that might be tough). No matter what occurs, take some time to rest and reflect and for those of you who will be shopping for back to school stuff next week, have fun, enjoy the last week of summer and the wonderful anticipation of kids going back to school, or the dreaded first day of school that comes for some (kids and parents).

"Often, when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher. That is, I used to, until she got an unlisted number."

1 comment:

wannabeergo said...

LOVE the video! Good memories.