Friday, August 14, 2009

Blogging anniversary 1 year completed and more to come

I was sitting and thinking and looking at changing the blog this morning and realized that I have been doing this for some time now. I started to blog July 28/08 as a means to stay in touch with you after my back surgery July 3/08.

I can't believe that a year has already passed since I started to put my toes into the ocean of blogging. I am not a literal swimmer and in this pool I have barely begun to paddle even after this first year. I have recently begun to write about being honest with myself and you and this new year of sorts will be a different challenge, and those of you who know me well, know that I like to challenge people to change mindsets, get out of self created prisons and to reach out to others so they are not alone in this journey.

A year, that is: 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8760 hours, 525600 minutes, 31536000 seconds that I have not used to my potential to do the best for others. My new year challenge to myself and to you, take every second captive to do my (your) best for others. If done, this place will be better for all. Never mind all the political wrangling, care for your neighbour, look out for those who are hurting(they are probably working right beside you(or even living in your home) and reach out and make this existence better for someone else.

No comments: