Sunday, August 9, 2009

So much to Say #1

Here begins a new journey in my blogging experience. To date I have qualified everything I have said with a fine personal editing tool. I need to move beyond that for my sake, not yours. It all stated with a date with my girls, my beloved and my darling daughter. More about that a little later.

Since this will become something that it has not been, I intend to be more open, creative (as much as I can) introspective, and even honest with you and with me. Please feel free to make your comments in the medium that is provided. I do not wish to spend time discussing with anyone with the exception of my beloved and my children (ands if necessary a trained professional). If that changes I will tell you, or ask you personally for your input. I know you understand.

So here goes.

I went to the movies the other night with my girls. We went to see Julie and Julia or is it Julia and Julie? The name wasn't that important, the details are. O by the way, There are no spoilers in this post.

Interesting, funny, apparently real situations, blogging, the current required anti republican political comments and more filled the screen. I was most impressed with the blog stuff though. The heart of the blogger is shown (not a part of the film I anticipated). They (the writer Julie and the filmmakers) seemed to express what I want. I want to say things that I think are important and sometimes what I have to say either is going to (unintentionally) hurt, offend or tick someone off and then I don't write it. I was unimpressed with the political rhetoric which is a mainstay of American film making these days. At least they didn't get into the latest on the snitch requests, health care bill (tax money paying for abortions) and so much more drivel, oops I'm off course.

Sometimes I am afraid to say what I want because it might upset people. I want to scream when I am hurting, I want to cry out when I am sad, I want to shout from the rooftops when I am so happy that I could %&$#. But I can't or have not until this point. I have this editorial board in my head that says "you can't say that" because you will hurt someone, or it will be misread or who knows what. Or maybe my employer will not like it and try to fire me.

Maybe, just maybe, I need to say what I think. I have this strange compulsion to be honest to break from the "don't let someone see you crying" because it will hurt some someone else, message. I heard that so many times in my childhood that it has become a tape constantly playing in my head and I need to stop it, soon.

Look for some interesting posts in the future, whenever that is!

No comments: