Saturday, August 22, 2009

A quiet saturday morning

The most noise I can hear this morning is my untrained typing on my keyboard and the kettle boiling for my tea. It's funny, I love my cup of tea in the morning on weekends, I always have a coffee on workdays, but the weekends are for my cup of Irish tea. I can also hear the goldfinches roller-coasting through the air as fly back and forth, I love their call.

There's a plane on its' way somewhere but it is miles up there. I am alone with my thoughts as I am the only one up at this time. It looks like my beloved had a rough night, it is only a few nights after surgery. She is still asleep and I am glad that she is getting some rest, it's no fun when pain affects most parts of life. The kids are gone, Josh is in the south and Alex is camping. Sure made for a quiet dinner last night, I made homemade French Onion Soup, would Rick eat that Sharon?

Unfortunately, it sounds like the neighborhood is finally coming to life. The Jays are squawking noisily and the procession of cars that often seems like the Indy 500 or Talladega have begun their migration down our street. It's odd for it to be this quiet at this time of day, I'll take it. though.

No comments: