Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New years eve 2008

The sun is shining and it's cold out there today. I finished up all my shopping earlier this morning for tonight's dinner and the kitchen people are here putting their finishing touches on our kitchen.

We're hosting dinner tonight with our close friends and it looks like it will be a great evening. The kids have places to go and we will celebrate the year and God's goodness tonight with an amazing dinner. It will be an interesting time discussing this year, however we are alive and that's a good thing.

It's almost time for me to start prepping. I'm responsible for the prosciutto wrapped shrimp on the barbeque, the grilled vegetables and the pork roast with sherry/red currant jelly gravy. My beloved is making my brother in laws amazing Caesar salad and the guests are bringing the wine and the rest of the meal. 

I have everything timed so that we will start to eat at 7:15 and should leave the table at about 10:00 p.m. Lots of time to have cappuccino and wait for the ball to drop. Traditions are so important, but they are not as important as the reality that we need to bring to our friendships.

Happy new year. 

2 comments:

Pastor Kevin said...

Have a blast!

Seanchai said...

there's gonna be loads of food, you are welcome to join us:)