Saturday, December 13, 2008

Renovations are continuing

Well, I have not commented on the renovations in a while. Most of the work is completed with the exception to our kitchen. We had a commitment that the cabinets would be completed by Dec.11, 2008. Unfortunately that date has passed and a new date has been given. The provider (who shall remain nameless) made some excuses and then gave me a new date, next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I guess that is three dates. The photo directly to the left is what the kitchen looks like currently, the floor is in, the electric is done, the crown moulding is done, it's a giant canvas awaiting the hickory cabinets to be painted on. That was my poor attempt to sound artistic.

I'm trying to be really patient and grace filled in this process. The problem is that the longer we live without a kitchen, the more we spend on either prepared food or restaurant food and I am so sick of restaurant food. I will begin to bill them for the costs if they go beyond next week.

I have, however, made it clear to them that the kitchen will be completed before the week of Christmas. There is no way that I want people in my house finishing things while I am trying to prepare for Christmas. 
I'm just a little frustrated, can ya tell. the photo to the left shows how our bedroom looks now. We had the walls painted, added new trim and crown moulding and our new bedroom suite finally arrived. The matching blinds are ready to be installed when all the other work has been completed.

The living room is completed, with the exception of a final coat of paint. I am really pleased with all that we have been able to do in these past few months and the final product in the kitchen will be awesome.

I asked the Lord to give me patience and He is using circumstances to teach me patience. He is much wiser than I am. 

No comments: