Friday, December 5, 2008

The big reveal for the week of Dec.1/08

Well, it's Thursday afternoon as I write this. I am completely busy on Friday morning, so I need to do this now before my next life appointment. I'm actually looking forward to this one as I get to spend time with my six year old friend painting miniature goalie masks. He's a really cool dude, a bit of a cowboy and loves the Calgary Flames, but I love him so no matter what he likes, I love spending time with him.

This weeks song was sad for a few reasons as I stated in the blog on Monday. The song is very much in the same vein as Taxi and Sequel by Harry Chapin, except it was not written by Harry. Like Chapin, the writer suffered and early and untimely death, his was due to cancer, unlike Harry's. The story is apparently autobiographical and tells of lost love and meeting again and then parting again. Here are your answers:

The singer: Dan Fogelberg
The song: Same Old Lang Syne
The album: The Innocent Age
The Soprano Sax Player: Michael Brecker



Sadly, Dan Fogelberg passed away approximately one year ago, on Dec.16, 2007. He was a writer of songs and music that I really appreciated. I have always been drawn to storytellers, I guess I understand things better that way. He died of prostate cancer and his bereaved wife works very hard at trying to get the message out for people to get tested so that they do not have to suffer as this family did. We really are living legacies, let's do everything to keep that legacy living.

The first person to answer all the questions this week was The Chief (aka Don R.) Congrats and all the best to you, Mrs Chief and the family as Christmas comes near. Enjoy all those special moments with the family.

To all of you, have a great weekend. Enjoy the chill of early winter and the warmth of family, friends, maybe a fire and a pleasant libation. It's really beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and brings tears from the eyes of woman"    

No comments: