Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Musings (#17)

Happy Tuesday everyone.

I can't believe that it's almost the new year, but the signs are all around to confirm it. The world Junior hockey tourney as well as a multitude of hockey tourneys are coming to an end. The tv ads for the related shows are on. The liquor store parking lots are busy and I assume the stores are too. I thought we were in a recession. We have been looking to complete our renovations and have found most of the furniture stores busy and the expensive ones really busy (and not very competitive).  

New years brings to mind many things, I have many memories from early adult of going to dinner/dances and house parties and all kinds of strange goings on. My most fond memories have been the last seven years. Since then we have spent the evening with our closest friends, Steve and Roseanne aka "the carpenter" and "the bonnet babe" and have recently been joined by two other close friends, Doug and Jenny aka "the ref" and "miss Jenny".

We are hosting this year and we will enjoy a nice dinner and great company, loads of laughs and a few trips down memory lane. I guess that is what I am musing on today. Memories. I really like to take the opportunity around this time of year to review and consider. I don't consider the what if's, I consider what occurred and then where am I going for the following year. This has been a crazy year to say the least. I have learned much, been challenged significantly by words, things and actions that I have never even thought I would experience. Some have brought immense physical and emotional pain. Some have brought significant personal and spiritual growth. 

I am looking forward to see what is in store for me(us) next year. I will press on towards the goal and I will not quit. No matter what obstacles are placed in my way, I know that they have been reviewed by God before they are or will be placed before me.  With that in mind, I look to the future with anticipation of great things. If I am once again challenged with difficulty, I know that I will not be alone.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

No comments: