Friday, December 12, 2008

The big reveal for the week of Dec. 8/08

Wow it's Friday, only thirteen days to Christmas and only six days of work left for this year, at least for me. I'm looking forward to the break. I started blogging soon after my surgery and those of you who read this know how much I need a break this year.

I have only had a few responses this week. Once you see the answers, you will probably know what I'm talking about. You're gonna love the video for this one. I found out that the album (33 rpm vinyl) is the favourite Christmas albums of one of the regular readers, how 'bout them apples.

The movie is probably my all time Christmas favourite. I like to watch it and just enjoy the beauty of the simplicity of the story, and do they tell the story? I discovered in my research, that there are numerous mistakes in the film that they wanted to fix, but the writer and Charles Schulz would not allow them. The simple nature makes the story so real and to be honest, life is full of mistakes. There is no one who is perfect. I recently had a discussion about walking on water(not the frozen kind) and the only other person to walk a bit on water lost his perspective and went into the water. Don't lose your perspective this Christmas.

Here are your answers:

The name of the song: Christmas time is here.
The writer of the music: Vince Guaraldi.
The writer of the lyrics: Lee Mendelson.
The first group to record it (trick question): The Vince Guaraldi Trio
The famous Christmas movie: A Charlie Brown Christmas



The first person to get most of the details right was Scott G. He was followed by Steve B. after the awfully gracious hints. I love this movie so much I'm gonna add another few clips this morning. Here's the peanuts gang telling us what Christmas is really all about.



The weekend is almost upon us, may you find that the real meaning of Christmas fills your homes and hearts and that the peace that all of us are searching for is found.



May the warmth of family, friends and peace give you that special glow, not just for the next thirteen days but for the years to come.

"Christmas time is here, spirit in the air, oh that we could always see such spirit through the year"

Merry Christmas one and all

No comments: