Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday Musings (#12)

Happy Tuesday everyone.

In one month it will be Christmas day. I can't wait. Well I can wait, I just am so excited for Christmas this year. Oh yes, I say Christmas, I don't say happy holidays or even seasons greetings. I celebrate Christmas. if you celebrate Hanukkah, then have a happy Hanukkah, if you celebrate Kwanzaa, then have a happy Kwanzaa.

I am so ticked at the homogenization of everything. You can't say this cause it might offend someone, oh please, how can saying Happy or Merry Christmas offend anyone. For those of us who celebrate the birth of Jesus, it is that, a celebration of a faith. If I offend you by saying Merry Christmas, I'll say it now, I am sorry that I offend you, but (I need to put that little word in there at this time) I will continue to say Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas (to honour my Mom or Charles Dickens or Clement Moore).

OK now back to why I am excited for Christmas this year. It is the plan to have all of us (4) at home for Christmas. We will not have been together since Josh left for school and we're looking forward to being together. We'll do all the traditions that make it Christmas for us including a new one where all of us go to Casa Rugantino for a nice dinner just before Christmas. My in-laws will hopefully join us for a few days and we'll all hang out and enjoy the love that is our family. I'm really looking forward to having some time off and just enjoying my family time.

Happy Tuesday everyone and of course, Merry Christmas ;)

No comments: