Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Musings (#10)

It's remembrance day. My Grannie Lee (my Moms, Mom) called it Armistice day and she could recall the first Armistice day.  Thank you to all the veterans who gave so much for our life and liberty.

I'm sitting here this morning (it's now afternoon) at home on remembrance day. I have rewritten this post too many times. Usually I just say what's on my mind without too much evaluation. Something is stopping me from saying what I think I want to say. Maybe that's the point: too many times I am concerned about the things I say and what others will have to say whether or not they dislike my words or even me.

Why should I care what you think of my writing or my thoughts? Why should I care if you like it or not? I don't write for you, I write for me. You may choose to read or not. Why do I give all this power away? 

Hmm, too many questions for a day off that just happens to be my birthday. Did the veterans ask what the "enemy" thought? I think they just went ahead and did the job that was assigned to them. I have mused too much, I'm going to enjoy my day off and be thankful for the blessings of living in a free country, for now. I'm going to enjoy the blessings of the love of my family and look forward to spending a wonderful dinner time with them.

Happy Tuesday everyone. 

No comments: