Thursday, November 13, 2008

Trying to learn patience

I asked for the gift of patience, it is a gift right? I would dare not say it is a curse, so it must be a gift. As noted previously, we are having some renovations completed in our house. Almost all are cosmetic and almost all require the room or rooms to be unavailable for some time.

What this means to me as I try to exist here and never mind try to work is that there is very little space to do stuff and the space that is available is full of stuff from other rooms that are unavailable. This is not a complaint, I am not being negative, I just have a hard time seeing into the future(my crystal ball broke yesterday). I think I can imagine what it's all going to look like at the end, at this time it's the journey to that point that I'm having some trouble with.

And that's where the patience comes in. The lack of privacy and the inability to use the little room that I have is teaching me patience. How many times have I used the analogy (it is an analogy right?) of the journey being more important that the destination? I suppose that the request that God gives me patience really does give Him the opportunity to teach me patience, doesn't it? Thanks Alan for that kernel of wisdom.

Oh well, I've just had a sermon from the carpenter (not That one, the one named Steve) about looking to the finished product and not the pieces of the journey. I think I get it, I just hate it when the words I use so glibly to placate the concerns of others come back to bite me in the end. That'll learn me, won't it?

Thanks for reading and listening and more importantly for praying, I need all of them right now.
 

No comments: