Friday, November 7, 2008

The big reveal for the week of Nov.3/08

It's Friday morning and the rain or snow has yet to fall. I have enjoyed the last few days of warm weather and sunshine. The weekend is almost here which will give us to time to rest between out five day shifts. I can't believe that I stumped most of you this week, either that or you found it too easy that you chose not to reply. Oh well, the trivia will continue weekly as long as I can find songs to write about. The answers:

The name of the song: Hide in your Shell.
The name of the album: Crime of the Century.
The name of the writers: Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson.
Who sang lead vocals: Roger Hodgson.
Who sang back up vocals: Christine Helliwell, Vicki Seibenberg and Scott Gorham.


The winner this week was Steve B. (again) who admitted that the band was a favourite of his when he was younger. For the record, I'm pretty sure that I am older than him and they were a favourite of mine when I was in high school(Lakeport High) so he must have been a fan when he was quite young.

I'll work on something that he might not know on the weekend for next week. Have a great weekend, enjoy family and friends "cause you know who your friends are by looking in their eyes". If you know what song that is from, let me know? I have a memory of a dj playing that at the end of his show back in the 70's. It's birthday weekend in our house, it is my daughters 18th (where did the time go), my sisters and mine too. Might be a bit of fun to be had this weekend.

"Brass bands are all very well in their place -- outdoors and miles away"

No comments: