Sunday, November 23, 2008

Angry Dad

This might be the safest place to spew my anger at some of my daughters so called "friends". None of them read this and I doubt their parents do, however they shall still remain anonymous.

I have spent much time listening to my daughter speak and cry late saturday night about her "friends" who treated her with indignation most of the weekend while they were away at a Drama festival with her school drama class. She told me of them lying to her, so they would not have to drive her to the classes and giving rides to others. What hurt me the most was the fact that they kicked her while they thought she was asleep. One of them kicked her when they left the room and the other when they returned and then joked about kicking her while she could still hear them. 

Never mind that they carelessly spoke inaccuracies about her while in the bathroom and she just happened to be in one of the stalls crying. What amazes me most about this is the depth of my anger. To make matters worse, the parents of one of the girls are friends of ours and we all attend the same church. 

So what do I do? Do I speak with the girls? Do I speak with the parents? Do I treat them the way they treated my daughter?

I have more recently written about being a Christian. I have learned that you can't be just a little bit Christian. Kinda like being a "little bit pregnant". I need to either believe what I believe and be sold out, or not believe at all. I can't just take the parts I like and apply them and leave out the parts that don't fit right now. I can't accept that "God is Love" and not accept that God requires me to forgive. I also have to accept that He will judge the living and the dead. It's all in, or fold. I can't fold I have to be all in.

That means that I have to turn the other cheek, I have to forgive these girls and I have to be an example for my daughter. So to B. and S. I forgive you. I will hold no grudge against you. I trust the loving, forgiving and judging God to assess your behaviour and to deal with you as He would deal with me if I did not forgive you.

I will sleep well tonight.

No comments: