Friday, November 21, 2008

The big reveal for the week of Nov.17/08

It's Friday and it's cold out there. It was cold in the car this morning and I park it in the garage. Oh well, I can't change the weather, so might as well revel in the fact that it's not permanent, global cooling would certainly rock some self appointed experts, wouldn't it? I am also going to Cuba in less than two months, so I think lovingly and often of those white sandy beaches and the warm sunshine and that keeps me warm and toasty.

Quite a few of you got the "clues" from the original post this week. I'll measure my "words with an eyedropper" (that's for burger boy) next week. The more I listened to the music, the more I enjoyed it. I might even buy the album. The nice thing is you can listen to it from the album's website, a nice touch I say.

Here are your answers for this week:

The song: Killing the Blues.
The album: Raising Sand.
The singers: Alison Krauss and Robert Plant.
The writer: Rowland Salley


I hope you enjoyed this weeks venture into some mixed music. I continue to really appreciate some different styles of music and the skills of the professionals who write, play, sing and perform these tunes. The winners this week were Lori S. and Gary D. who both had most of the correct info.

Have an awesome weekend, find a way to stay warm, cosy up somewhere with a book, a fire and something warm or cool to sip. Don't forget to play some wonderful music that will take you away to places unknown except to you and make a pilgrimage to that special place that only you go to.

"Music has charms to soothe the savage beast, to soften rocks or bend a knotted oak"

No comments: