Friday, July 2, 2010

Staple Free

I have heard lots of jokes and comments about staples in the last two weeks, but by far the best one is from today: "they are all out", said the technician.

I saw the Dr. today as scheduled and he is very happy with the results so far. He then turned me over to the "technician/staple remover/torturer". The technician was actually very kind. He proceeded to remove the staples and unfortunately his attempts to distract me didn't work. Oh well, he stopped after the first 20 or so, gave me time to catch my breath and then returned to finish the job. He removed all 51, I guess I have my own personal area 51 happening.

Lots of good news today, the surgery has been successful. The foot drop is recovering, ever so slowly, but improving. I am in less pain and so far I have no numbness in my left leg and none in either feet(or is the proper grammar either foot?).

The direction from the Dr. is as follows: "take it easy", he must be an Eagles fan! So, I am taking it easy. Taking walks when I can, watching the "Food Network" as much as I want and resting. I haven't felt this good in so long. The key now is to not overdo it.

No comments: