Thursday, July 15, 2010

Four weeks since surgery

Wow, yesterday was four weeks exactly since I had my surgery. I am so pleased with my recuperation so far. I am walking(with my friend wheely walker) and of course a family member or friend.

I am so thankful for the help of many people as I have continued on this journey to better health. They have encouraged me and blessed me when I have struggled with "cabin fever". Cabin fever is awful. I have access to books, music, computer, tv and family and friends. I just wanted to get out of here and feel the breeze(no matter how hot is has been). So, my beloved or my children have graciously taken me for rides to help alleviate the fever. Usually it results in me being exhausted after 1/2 hour, but that's ok.

I've just spent about an hour sitting and standing and sitting (you get the drill) on the deck, reading and listening. There is a nest of some small bird just by the deck and the call of this bird is beautiful. I bet they don't get cabin fever :).

I have so much to be thankful for and my recovery so far is clearly one of these things.

1 comment:

wannabeergo said...

That is awesome news! Keep it up and you will be back to your old self soon.