Sunday, July 18, 2010

The boy has become a Man

I went to a concert last night and watched my son play guitar like I have never seen before. It was a huge eye opener for me. I haven't seen him play since October. Back then he was playing in church and was somewhat reserved. Last night was a concert to raise money for Haiti and the band he was in were the headliners. They asked him to join them as lead guitarist. He was awesome, whether it was his Fender or his Les Paul, he played like a man having fun, and a man who really knew what he was doing. Oh yeah, a man. He has grown into a wonderful young man. He was singing the songs while he played with abandon. He was "having fun" while he played each lick.

I realized somewhere during the 40 minutes that he was playing that he really is no longer a boy, but a man. He is my son, and he is a man. He is planning his future, with God's direction. He is serving Him and for His glory and I could not be more proud. And he will continue to play, lead others and develop the skills of other musicians as he grows in his journey to serve God.

Wow, my boy has really grown to be an awesome young man.

No comments: