Thursday, July 15, 2010

And so it begins

For many years now I have taken some time during my summer holidays to read and/or watch the entire Lord of The Rings. Since we purchased the extended versions of the movie, I have spent one day watching the entire story. It takes many hours, but it is one of my favourite things(cue Julie Andrews).

This year, though, I am planning on reading it. It will definitely take more than a day to read it. So, today begins my annual journey to middle earth. I have been doing this annually for longer than I can remember. I was first introduced to the work of Tolkien in the early seventies, while staying at a friends cottage on Rainbow beach, past Leith and Annan.

I have eight more weeks of recuperation and I hope to complete this journey in that time.

No comments: