Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Musings (#2)

As you will know by now if you've been reading this blog, I have just returned to work following a lengthy absence. I love my job and really enjoy the people I work with as well as the clients that I normally have interaction with on a daily basis, (if you are waiting for a "but", there is none).

I have been nervous, excited, anxious(and all the other adjectives) about coming back to work to the point that it's affecting my sleep and dreams.

Why is it that the specific time when you really need sleep that sleep will not come? When it does, it is fitful and my dreams are crazy and all over the place. I am not much of a dreamer (during sleep that is) but (there I said it) there have been some very weird dreams the past two nights. This sleep pattern is something that has troubled me for years. It will take a few days and everything will fall back into the normal pattern.

It goes to show how powerful my subconscious really is. It also shows how my fears and concerns affect my daily and night life. I need to get one night of uninterrupted sleep soon. I probably should have gotten out of bed and journalled my dreams, but it was too cold in the middle of the night. Where did that come from? It was chilly this morning as I drove to work as well. My musing has changed from sleep to winter and I have no interest in winter this year. For some strange reason I am dreading it this year. The sound of the ducks practicing sends an icy chill down my already sensitive spine. I love Christmas and all that goes with the celebration of His birth, I just have this loathing for the snow this year.

Oh well, happy Tuesday to all, enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: