Friday, September 12, 2008

The big reveal for the week of Sept.8/08

Good morning music fans. I heard from a few more of you this week, you must be back at work and "working hard" at stuff. Speaking of work, I'm returning to work next week and I'm both very excited and somewhat scared about the whole thing. Due to my setbacks I'm not where I would like to be, but I'm far from where I was.

On to the music, the Canadian theme brought some different people out into the game this week.
Here are your answers:

The song: I got everything I need (Almost)
The group: Downchild Blues Band
The album: But I'm on the Guest list
The famous covering duo: The Blues Brothers (Jake - John Belushi and Elwood - Dan Akroyd with the most amazing band ever assembled, if you ask Perry D. and I)
The famous establishment referred to on the cover: El Mocambo

The winner this week was Brad F. at 10:42 on Sept.8, he had all the answers correct.

It looks like rain for most of the weekend, the good thing about that(there are several) is that those are the times when I get to just sit and read and listen to music. My new Ipod has been shipped(more on that later). It is also a wonderful time to just sip a nice cup of Irish tea. Now later in the day you may wish to have something a little stronger maybe a drop of poteen (tell me if you know what that is?).

Whatever you do this weekend, enjoy family, friends and loved ones. Make music part of your day and you will enjoy it and grow out of the experience. I look forward to seeing some of you next week and more of you as the weeks pass.

I remain,

Your musical tour guide (maybe we'll try a different part of Canada next week)

Some days there won't be a song in your heart.........sing anyway

No comments: