Friday, July 3, 2009

The big reveal for the week of June 29/09

Welcome to Friday, apparently, the sun is supposed to return for the next few days. I don't know about you but I am ready for some vitamin d big time. I may not have seasonal affective disorder, but I need some sunshine in my life. There you go humming along with Stevie Wonder...... "you are the sunshine of my life................"

I had two correct guesses this week, although neither knew all of the obscure answers and they admitted to it as well. This weeks winners are Chris W. and Paul K. (my bro-in-law). I have some really bad pictures of him (he normally looks nice) from a family gathering but did not have time to get his permission, so maybe the next time. Congrats to the two of you and I assume many more guessed the correct song and band name.

here are your answers:

The name of the song: Sunny Days
The name of the band: Lighthouse
How they got their name: Duke Ellington (yes that Duke Ellington), introduced them for their gig at the Rock Pile (Toronto's Masonic Temple) as follows: " I'm beginning to see the light........house" and the rest as they say is history.
The band's original name: The paupers
Where Howard Shore (Saxophonist for the band and writer of the music for the Lord of the Rings movies and many more) went to work in 1975: Saturday Night Live



I could not find a version on utube that showed the band live, but you know what just listening to this song makes me smile. There is at least one other version on utube that just didn't fit this blog, so I left it there.

Have an awesome weekend, the sun will return. As a friend of mine says, the sun is shining above the clouds. Enjoy some well deserved time away from the grind stone. Wasn't Canada day great in the middle of the week? I loved it. I am planning on finding a song to celebrate our friends from the south for next weeks song, partly because we have American family and we are (actually my son is hosting a "friend" for a few days) having a young lady visit us next week who is from Alabama or somewhere down there. This should be fun!

Love is to the heart what summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul

No comments: