Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tuesday Musings #45 on a Saturday morning after the cottage



I was at the cottage this week. We had outstanding sunny weather from Monday to Wednesday, incredibly rainy weather on Thursday and a mixed bag of mostly sunshine on Friday for our drive home. There you have the weather report for last week from Haliburton, specifically Wenona Lake. Above is a picture from the floating dock where we spent many hours reading and "killing worms" although my beloved caught the only fish (a perch) of the week.

I was thinking about the beauty of our place of residence, the lake, the area, our province, country and our amazingly beautiful earth this week while I sat and rested. The "Planet Earth Series" is nice to watch, and I enjoyed just being here this past week. My beloved suggested that next year we bring the telescope.

I wondered as I sat there how many people do not have the opportunity to do the things I and my family have been able to do. How many people can have the privilege to sit on a deck at night and really see the stars in sky with no light pollution. Yes the mosquito's were annoying, but the sky was amazing. Watching the cars going north yesterday and we travelled south told me that loads of people have the chance to see the sky as we did but many cannot have ever had the pleasure of this.

So I though as the week progressed, how blessed am I? I live in the best country in the world. I have a great job, I am surrounded by family who love me, I have many acquaintances that I occasionally spend time with and I have and do so much more. In addition to that I believe that all of this was created (you knew I was going there didn't you?) and did not arise out of a "big bang", I did not come from primordial slime and neither did I come from a monkey (and no we are not distant cousins). I believe in a Creator who did this "and it was very good".

So, all this was created for me (and you) to have the pleasure of viewing it when we can (and sometimes when we wish). But, what about those who cannot view this beauty because of financial or other reasons, was it not created for them too? I have a responsibility as a member of this "family" to see to it that I do all I can so that others can too sit and wonder at a night sky and enjoy it.

In my musing I have enjoyed what I have the pleasure of seeing and challenged to think of others who may have access to less than I have and to do something about it.
Happy Saturday everyone

No comments: