Thursday, July 16, 2009

Insomnia kicking in

I can't sleep. When I do get to sleep I then find myself waking up as many as five times a night. Seems that there's something going on and I can't figure it out. The only time I seem to sleep through the night these days is when I ingest something to make me sleep and that just tiring, I know that's a bad pun.

Apparently there's something funny going on in my blood stream. I went to my local phlebotomist the other day and a few days later received the dreaded call from the health centre that the Dr. wants to see you about the tests. Something to do with letters and numbers and levels and who knows what. I am a man and I don't make a habit of seeing the Dr. real often. Actually they are nice people. They are two doctors who share a practice. And why do they have to practice anyway, shouldn't they be good at it by now? When I started my new job, I had to practice (read role play) for two days and I was off and running, but I don't get to prescribe mind altering drugs, although there are some people who could use them if I could prescribe them. Now I'm way off topic, as usual.

There is something bothering me. That situation about those people who adopted all those kids and then were murdered in Florida is bothering me. You know all the fuss about Michael Jackson dying and what did he do to help humanity? OK maybe he gave a few bucks to some telethon sometime (he might have under an assumed name) and then maybe not, I think he was flat broke when he died. But these folks had done so much to help all those kids and where's the big hullabaloo about them. Oh it will die (another bad pun) down soon and then they will be forgotten except for all those kids who lost the Mommy and Daddy.

Where do people get off just killing someone like that? It's almost unforgivable you know. Just about all this stuff is so bad, I think I could never forgive if it happened to me or my family and then I am reminded about a story that Jesus told in the bible about a man owing the King 10, 000 talents. I heard that a talent was equal to 20 years wages, so someone owing 10, 000 times 20 years of their salary would owe a lot. You think about your salary and determine what it might be if you were owing 20 years salary times 10,000. It's is so large it would be impossible to pay back in many lifetimes and that is the point Jesus is making!

We (the individuals in the human race) are represented by the man who owes Him, the King, the debt. It is unpayable (I doubt that it's a word, but I just made it up) and the King forgives the debt. So no matter what I have done, or will do, if my relationship with the King is right, then my debt is paid as in "forgive us our debts as we forgive those who owe us" my paraphrase. So, no matter what is "owed" to me out there, the hurt, the damage, the disrespect, the failed promises and no matter what else, I must forgive and then set myself free and the debtor free as well.

Those men in Florida will deal with the Florida department of justice and in the words of Dr. Mennan, "someday there will be a reckoning" and someone with greater power than the Florida department of justice will determine who has been forgiven and who has not. Either way, they will face the King and He will "reign for ever and ever".

No comments: