Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday Musings # 43

Happy Tuesday everyone
I was driving to Hanover this morning and heard someone on the radio talk about endurance. They were not talking about running a race (or maybe they were) but rather about making a decision in the midst of opposition and then having the internal fortitude to keep going, sometimes against the grain.


How many times have there been when you have made a decision to do something and in the midst of the situation, opposition came and you changed your mind to take the easier road, the road less travelled some say. I have a difference of opinion with someone and I need to express myself (in some ways challenge that person). This is not someone close to me, we have rarely spoken, but "rub shoulders" in a number of arenas and I just can't get the issue off my mind. So to my family, friends work colleagues and others who read this, relax, I won't be calling you anytime soon for a chat. The old "we need to talk" chat.


So, do I have the endurance to call and speak and express my opinion or do I take the easier (or not) road and not say anything and let the issue die. It's all about communication you see. In my less than humble opinion, poor communication and choices lead to a situation where I felt that I could not do my best in a situation where I try to present my best always. Did anyone notice? My wife did and my kids did, they knew that something was up and that I was projecting something less than usual.


The question I need to ask is will my "endurance" in completing this task cause greater harm than if I do nothing. We have been taught to take our issues directly to the one who we have the issue with, so to do an "end around" to the person in charge just doesn't work, although I am sure that this path (end around) is much easier and more often used, or is it? I am not sure that I have the endurance to keep thinking about it (a common practice) so maybe I'll just avoid it and them. Wow, who would have thought that a simple word about something else heard on the radio would cause such consternation? I know this, I will keep thinking, listening and do what is right, sometime soon. I am on holidays for the next two Tuesdays, I may not have anything to muse about and then again, I may.


Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: