Friday, July 31, 2009

The big reveal for the week of July 27/09

Good morning music fans and welcome to a long weekend. For me it's an extra long weekend as I am off today also. Woo Hoo bring on the rain I mean the sun.

I thought that this weeks was a tough one and it was, although two intrepid musicologists, friends and hero's of mine did submit answers (sort of). One chose to write a comment on the original post regarding this weeks song (you might want to read it, it's kinda funny) and the other sent a traditional e-mail with all the correct information and some additional stuff that I didn't ask for.

Congratulations to Perry D. and Don (The Chief) R. for getting all and more of the info correct. Neither attended the big show, but Don says they were planning to, but never made it. Perry and I are of similar vintage and I know that while he was geographically closer to Bethel NY he wasn't there. Too bad Don wasn't there, he too would have had some stories to tell us about the music and he would have remembered all of it.

Here are your answers:

The name of the song: I'm going home (or
The writer of the song: Alvin Lee
The name of the band: Ten Years After
What day they played at Woodstock: Sunday evening (day 3) between Country Joe and the Fish and The Band

Here is a version of the song from the Woodstock movie



Some great stuff here. I am looking forward to visiting some of the memorable and not so memorable acts from Woodstock over the next four weeks or so. Have a great long weekend, enjoy the break and maybe just maybe we will have more than one day in a row of sunshine to bask in as we take our rest. I will leave you with this quote from another Woodstock performer can you tell me who it is?

Music is a safe type of high. It's more the way it was supposed to be. That's where my highness came, I guess, from anyway. It's nothing but rhythm and motion.

No comments: