Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday Musings (#44)

Happy Tuesday everyone

Day two of summer vacation and so far it's gone pretty well. The weather has been good, at least I think so. There has been enough sun, some heat to stay warm on the deck and little rain, so far. We have had house guests for almost the last two weeks. The first half was a guest of Josh's and the second was the sister of my beloved. I like both of them and enjoyed being with them, although Josh's friend may not return, but that"s a story for another post in another time.

I know that in the past I have blogged about house guests. I do not particularly like having overnight guests in my home for prolonged periods of time. Don't get me wrong, I think I am quite hospitable and I love to entertain, I just get tired of people being in my space (another type of social networking) on an ongoing basis. Our little abode is not that big, well to be honest it's not big at all so invariably, I retreat to my bedroom or to my office(where the computer and itunes are) for some peace, quiet and personal time.

Thankfully, the weather has been good and most activities have been outside. Maybe I need to look inside and see why I don't share so much when it comes to my home. I love cooking for guests and enjoy the pleasure that they receive from the meals that I prepare. I usually play nice in the sandbox, so to speak, and I am looking forward to the next few days of just my beloved and I (well Josh is still around too, but Alex is at camp) spending some time together without interruption and ceaseless additional noises.

I love family and friends and just like medicine I take them in small doses and only when prescribed. I guess I just like my own little family and my little bungalow and the simplicity of our existence. I hope I don't sound rude or small minded, but this is who I am and what I experience. I'm not usually rude intentionally so I'm sure they didn't even notice my forays in privacy as they did their thing.
Just so you know, next Tuesday I will be at the cottage, so there may not be any musing online until I get home. I will probably just sit on the dock with pen and pad and write it out, ahhh serenity .....pretty tough to handle eh?
Happy Tuesday everyone

No comments: